This course will guide students in developing skills to make informed decisions on the selection, care and integration of indoor plants in an interior setting. These skills include identifying, selecting, caring and using plants in designing “living” spaces accounting for the conditions required for the specific plant varieties concerned.
The course aims to familiarize students with the different indoor and outdoor plants in the context of our living environments, accounting for the requirements of indoor & outdoor plantscaping together with the elements & principles of designing interior spaces.
Indoor Gardening & Plantscaping Bundle:
May 30 – September 26, 2021 | Sundays | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Module 1: Introduction to Plant Parenting
May 30 – July 4, 2021 | Sundays | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Module 2: Plant Propagation & Upkeep
June 11 – July 15, 2021 | Sundays | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Module 3: Principles & Techniques of Visual Styling
July 25 - August 29 & August 22 – September 26, 2021 | Sundays | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Course Structure: The workshop will be done via distance learning through applications like Zoom and Google classroom.
MODULE 1: Introduction to Plant Parenting
- Introduction Part 1
- Introduction Part 2
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part A
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part B
- Plant Categories: Foliage Plants (leafy plants)
- Plant Categories: Ornamentals
BONUS (For Module 2)
- Presentation of Propagated plant with Plant Journal
MODULE 2: Plant Propagation & Upkeep
- Propagation and caring for young indoor plants
- Other Indoor Plants
- Keeping a plant journal
- Spotting & Addressing Problems (pests, plant diseases, imperfections, etc)
- Reporting on Assessment: Spotting & Addressing Problems (pests, plant diseases, imperfections, etc)
- Plant Parenting Care & Maintenance
- Assessment using Plant Journal
- Final Presentation of Propagated Plant & Journaling report
BONUS (For Module 3)
- Presentation of Styled Vignette of Indoor plant varieties
MODULE 3: Principles & Techniques of Visual Styling
- Curating a hospitable interior environment
- Styling Accessories
- Making The Best Use Of Indoor Plants in spaces
- Elements & Principles of Design
- Maintenance of Styled Vignettes
- Selecting & buying plants
- Navigating the plant marketplace
Aubrey Miles-Montero, plantswoman & plant collector aka “The Mother plant”Kitty Bunag, Space Stylist
A Certificate of Attendance will be given to each student who has successfully completed the program.
Non-Refundable & Non-Transferable. Please be informed that once the Workshop has started payment for the program will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Name Registration. In order to properly enroll to the Workshop the name to be registered should be the name of the student.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENT
- Stable internet access
- Laptop with webcam
*Materials List will be sent separately
Our lines are open and our education consultants are ready to assist you.
Contact us via:
Email - email@example.com
Mobile - +63 917 501 8136 / +63 917 539 7574 / +63 917 595 9428