Introduction to Fashion Construction is the introductory workshop that teaches students the fundamental processes behind the creation of garments. It teaches students the basics of sewing by familiarizing them with the sewing machine, basic sewing exercise, the process of taking correct body measurements and translating them to drafted patterns.
These patterns, in turn, will be used to cut fabric pieces which will be sewn together into creating a simple fashion project.
The first three sessions focus on the creation of a roll-up case while the last three sessions guides students in the creation of a simple skirt.
November 11, 2023- December 16, 2023 | Saturday | 3:00PM-6:00PM
Course Structure: This is a face-to-face, hands-on workshop where students are given the opportunity to work side-by-side with an instructor, who in turn, can provide feedback on every student’s output.
● Session 1: Introduction, Machine Operation
● Session 2: Sewing Exercises, Drafting and Cutting of the Pattern of the Roll-up Case
● Session 3: Sewing of Roll-up Case, Feedback and Critique on Roll-up Case Project
● Session 4: How to Take Correct Measurements, Drafting of the Skirt Pattern, Cutting the Skirt
● Session 5: Sewing the Skirt Part I, Attaching the Zipper, Folding the Hem
● Session 6: Sewing the Skirt Part II, Sewing the Waistband, Attaching the Hook and Eye, Finishing, Feedback and Critique on the Skirt Output
Faculty: Cecilia Lansang
University of the Philippines
Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, Associate Degree in Applied Science in Patternmaking Technology.
Head Patternmaker’s Assistant, DKNY
A Certificate of Attendance will be given to each student who has successfully completed the program.
Non-Refundable & Non-Transferable. Please be informed that once the Workshop has started payment for the program will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Name Registration. In order to properly enroll to the Workshop the name to be registered should be the name of the student.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENT
Pattern making Tools
Our lines are open and our education consultants are ready to assist you.
Contact us via:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile - +63 917 501 8136 / +63 917 539 7574 / +63 917 595 9428