History of Design: Clothing Evolution is designed to provide students with a keen understanding of the various clothing and fashion styles throughout history; summarizing the way people have dressed from ancient to modern times. The course aims to chart fashion progression through the ages and to aid students in future product development and designing endeavors.
For S.Y. 2021-2022, this program will be delivered through the SoFA C.R.E.A.T.E. (Collaborative Remote Experience through Art and Transformative Education) Program.
- To develop and demonstrate a practical knowledge of the different clothing styles in relation to various periods in history.
- To critique design from a critical and historical standpoint.
- At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify materials, methods, and motifs used in clothing throughout history;
- Draw design inspiration from the various clothing of different historical periods;
- Utilize the knowledge of fashion history in creative projects.
The semester begins on the week of September 6, 2021.
This course runs for 1 semester, or approximately 4 to 5 months.
In order to allow students to ease into remote learning methods, the semester will kick start with a series of SoFA CREATE onboarding sessions and kick-off period.
Schedule: Fridays | 8:00AM - 11:00 AM
NOTE: Class schedules may change without prior notice. Our Admissions Office will be in touch with enrolled students for any updates or changes to this class schedule.
Enrolling students have the option to settle tuition for this course in full upon enrollment, or avail of our 2-part Installment Plan. Please click on the appropriate payment term upon checkout to confirm your initial enrollment.
- Full Payment
- Upon Enrollment: PHP 17,624.25
- 2-Part Installment Plan
- Upon Enrollment: PHP 9,562.13
- November 1, 2021: PHP 9,562.13
For students availing the 2-part Installment Plan, succeeding payments may be settled directly with our Finance Office. Post-dated checks will be required for all installment plans. For more information, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Tuition and applicable fees for this course have been adjusted for the 1st semester of S.Y. 2021-2022 in view of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.