Home Decorating Essentials Workshop aims to educate designers and design enthusiasts on the importance of colors & design trends as useful communication tools in the interior design profession.
Home Decorating Essentials Module 1 (ID Fundamentals 1): April 10 - April 29, 2023 | Monday & Saturday | 9:00AM - 11:00AM
Home Decorating Essentials Module 2 (Application of Color, Styles & Trends in Interiors): May 8 - May 27, 2023 | Monday & Saturday | 9:00AM - 11:00AM
Module 1: Interior Fundamentals 1
Module 1 of Fundamentals of Interior Design is an introduction to the Interior Design course through a wide variety of interactive experiences, creative exercises, readings, and lectures to open the doors to design thinking & the interior design process as an intellectual, creative, and technical undertaking.
- Understanding the Profession
- Specialized Tracks
- Judging “Good”vs “Bad” Design
- Elements of Design
- Principles of Design
- Anthropometrics & The Golden Rule of Proportion
- Basic Standard Design Measurements : The Human Body as the center and guide to design
- Zoning & Adjacency Matrix
- Design Language: Materials
- Psychology of Color
- Different Visual Presentation Techniques for storytelling
- Application of the Elements & Principles of Design
Module 2: Application of Color, Styles & Trends in Interiors
Module 2 tackles the importance of colors & trends in interior design practice. The topics will cover theories, techniques, and visual presentation styles that designers and design enthusiasts can use in communicating ideas & concepts
Session 7 & 8
- What are Design trends?
- Types of trends
- Why are trends important?
- Trends throughout the years
Session 9 & 10
- Color Theories & Psychology
- Why is color essential in Interior design trends?
- Color Forecasting companies and what we can learn
- Curation activity
Session 11 & 12
- Color & Material board curation
- Design Trends application in a personal space
- Curation Activity
Faculty: Charlene Joyce Lucas
Course Structure: The workshop will be done via distance learning through applications like Zoom and Google classroom. It is advised that parental/adult supervision is provided to support the learning needs of students.
A Certificate of Attendance will be given to each student who has successfully completed the program.
Non-Refundable & Non-Transferable. Please be informed that once the Workshop has started payment for the program will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Name Registration. In order to properly enroll to the Workshop the name to be registered should be the name of the student.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENT
- Stable internet access
- Laptop with webcam
Our lines are open and our education consultants are ready to assist you.
Contact us via:
Email - email@example.com
Mobile - +63 917 501 8136 / +63 917 539 7574 / +63 917 595 9428