Introduction to Fashion Design is a foundational workshop that aims to train individuals to think as a creative designer. It is also a platform for students to immerse themselves to the SoFA way of thinking and designing.
This workshop guides creatives to dive into their identities as the primary source of their inspiration to design fashion.
June 3 to July 8, 2023 | Saturday | 12:00NN - 3:00PM
Course Structure: For each meeting, a design session will be required of students which in turn, will be given critique by the instructor. Feedback shall likewise be given to other students, which ensures that students are properly guided in their lessons.
Session 1: Scope of Fashion Industry Chain and Overview of Designer's Influence
Session 2: Creativity and Self-Identity
Session 3: Introduction to Fashion
Session 4: Thinking Out of the Box
Session 5: The Design Process
Session 6: Final Presentation and Critique
Faculty: Junnie Gambaloza
SoFA Design Institute , BA Fashion Design and Marketing 2018, Magna Cum Laude
Future of Design Winner – Globe and Zalora’s Stylefest ph 2018
Champion – Aboitiz Green Fashion Revolution 2017
Finalist – Aquafina Refresh the Runway 2019
Finalist – Disney’s Mickey Design Competition 2018
A Certificate of Attendance will be given to each student who has successfully completed the program.
Non-Refundable & Non-Transferable. Please be informed that once the Workshop has started payment for the program will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Name Registration. In order to properly enroll to the Workshop the name to be registered should be the name of the student.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENT
- Any digital software that allows you to create presentations
- Coloring Materials
- Main Computer (Desktop or Laptop)
- Processor: Intel i5 to i7
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher
- Memory: At least 8GB of RAM or higher
- Hard Drive: At least 5-10GB of free disk space
- Preferred Browser: Google Chrome for Windows, Safari for Mac
- Accessories: Webcam (especially for desktops without built-in), Speakers, Headphone with Microphone
- Back-up and for Mobile Access (Mobile Phone or Tablet)
- Memory: At least 3GB of RAM or higher
- Hard Drive: At least 32GB of disk space
- Accessories: Front and back camera with at least 8 Megapixels
- Main Connection: Broadband (cable, DSL) or Fiber Optic
- With at least 5MBps (if single-user) Or at 10-25 MBps (if shared with 2-5 simultaneous users)
- Back-up Connection: Mobile Data
- Google Classroom (LMS), Zoom (for live sessions), Google Meet (live sessions back-up), Gchat (for Consultations)
- Gmail (SoFA E-mail account)
- Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs/Slides, Google Calendar, Acrobat PDF Reader
Our lines are open and our education consultants are ready to assist you.
Contact us via:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile - +63 917 501 8136 / +63 917 539 7574 / +63 917 595 9428